(Redirected from Tri0002513)
Tr1 is a neuron in the pleural ganglion of Tritonia.
NeuronBank ID: Tri0002513
- Located below the surface in the dorsal pleural ganglion, near DRI and the statocyst.
- Receives direct EPSPs from the S-cells
- Fires briefly, like the S-cells, at the onset of the swim motor program.
- Makes an indirect excitatory connection to DSI
- Intracellular stimulation of a single Tr1 neuron is often sufficient to activate the swim motor program, which typically continues 1to 3 cycles beyond the end of intracellular stimulation.
- Frost, W.N., Hoppe, T.A., Wang, J., and Tian, L.-M. (2001). Swim initiation neurons in Tritonia diomedea. Am. Zool. 41, 952–961.